Recorders Admin - Recorders Tab
Purpose of the section is to add and configure VSLogger recorders included in your recording system. Smaller installations will have only one recorder, usually installed on the same PC as Adutante server. Larger installations might have two or more recorders in the system.
Adutante server connects one or more VSLogger recorders into single distributed recording system.
Adutante server's role is to provide user and permissions management and to become centralized access point to all registered recorders.
Recorders table (initially empty).
- Commands column - Edit and Delete buttons
- Recorder Name - defined unique name
- Description - optional description
- Number of channels - passed and updated by registered VSLogger automatically on connections
- Enabled - Y/N recorder record status N - for obsolete recorders no longer actively recording
- Registered - Y/N recorder registration state. Automatically set by VSLogger during registration. Registration is initiated by VSLogger recorder
- Commands column - Unregister and Reset Connection buttons. Available only for registered recorders
Add New recorder
- Press Add button
New unregistered recorder entry created. Number of channels is initially 0.
Configure and register VSLogger recorder with selected above Recorder Name. Refer to VSLogger administration section for installation and registration details.
When VSlogger registration completed, refresh this view (reload module or change to other tab and return)
After successful registration, recorder entry will change
- Enter Recorder name (Alphanumeric name 3-15 chars, No spaces, or special chars)
- Enter Recorder description(optional)
- Press Save
- registered = Y
- Number of channels, set to number of channels on registered recorder
- 2nd command Column will display. Unregister and Reset Connection buttons
Reasons you would need to unregister recorder:
- Recorder software was reinstalled and recorder has to be registered again. TO DO: Unregister and register VSLogger with the same name again.
- Recorder is not used any longer. TO DO: Unregister and disable recorder. Deleting recorder also deletes recordings uploaded to Adutante with QC tests. If you do not need these recordings any longer, you can delete recorder record
- VSLogger cannot connect to Adutante for some reason (e.g. registration information and validation lost or corrupted) TO DO: Unregister and register VSLogger with the same name again.
This operation forces recorder to repeat information synchronization, usually performed at recorder restart and connection to Adutante.
During this operation VSLogger recorder does the following:
- updates number of channels in recorder record on Adutante. For example, you might have added or removed some hardware and changed number of recorded channels on recorder. This information will be updated.
- reads updated list of Call Center agents (see Call Center Tab)
- reads updated list of Call Center clients (see Call Center Tab)
- reads updated list of Call Center Campaigns (see Call Center Tab)
- reads updated seating configuration (see Call Center Tab)
- reads updated list of QC forms used for call Evaluations (see Call Center Tab)
Reasons you would need to Reset Connection include:
- List of Call Center Agents, Clients or Campaigns changed
- Seating configuration changed
- QC forms (forms with playlist) added, retired or removed
Reasons you would need to delete recorder include:
- Recorder record created by mistake. TO DO: Delete recorder.
- Recorder is not used any longer. TO DO: Unregister and delete recorder Deleting recorder also deletes recordings uploaded to Adutante with QC tests. If you do not need these recordings any longer, you can delete recorder record